Laser Cutter Use Agreement
The Library's Laser Cutter is available to patrons to cut, score, or engrave materials. Click here for a full description of materials and capabilities.
The Library reserves the right to review and approve all projects. The design may be examined to ensure that it is possible to produce. If there is a problem with the design and/or production, the patron will be informed of the problem(s) and the change(s) needed before the design can be printed.
In addition, the Library reserves all rights to:
- Refuse any request.
- Stop production due to time constraints or laser cutter capabilities.
- Limit the number of requests.
- Charge users for completed projects.
- Limit access to the Laser Cutter to Algonquin Area Public Library District cardholders.
Patrons are not permitted to use the Laser Cutter to create objects which are:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or inappropriate for the Library environment.
- In violation of a person's intellectual property rights, e.g., the laser cutter may not be used to produce objects which are protected by a copyright, patent or trademark.
Patrons may use the Laser Cutter only with the assistance of designated Library staff and volunteers.