A Makerspace is a collaborative work space for making, learning, and exploring that provides access to a variety of equipment and tools. Located on the first level of the library next to the computer lab, our Makerspace is a dedicated area for teens and adults to experience maker-related activities and discover new technology through hands-on learning!
Use this link to read our full Makerspace Policy.
Age Restrictions: Users must be 14 years of age or older to be in the Makerspace without a parent/guardian. Users younger than 14 and vulnerable adults must be accompanied and monitored at all times by a parent or other responsible caregiver.
Use of Equipment: Users wishing to use a specific piece of equipment must schedule a 1-on-1 session with Library staff. Independent use of the equipment may only occur if a user has received approval from Makerspace staff. Prior to using Makerspace tools or equipment, projects and materials must be reviewed and approved by Makerspace staff.
Use of Space: The Makerspace is reserved for those actively engaged in designing or making physical or digital media works. Users not engaged in such activities will be asked to relocate to a different area in the library.
Tours: We schedule tours for established organizations/groups with advance notice.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in any part of the Makerspace unless it is part of a library-sponsored program or permission is granted by library staff.
- The Makerspace will be closed during any pre-scheduled programming as well as 30 minutes before and after the program. See our calendar of events for programs.
- Users must remain with their projects at all times.
- Users are required to keep the workspace clean.
- Projects must be finished and work area must be cleaned prior to Makerspace closing.
- All equipment available in the Makerspace must stay in the Makerspace. Approval may be given to use the equipment elsewhere in the library.
- If there is a charge to use our materials, we will add those costs to your library card as a fee. The card owner must be present to purchase materials.
- To ensure a timely closing, use of the equipment must be completed 30 minutes before the Makerspace closes.